This Voter’s Guide has listed only CONTESTED RACES in the Texas Senate and House for the March 2 Primary. All other races have no same party opposition. The winner of these races and those unopposed will be on the ballot in November
To download the latest Voter's Guide, click this link(approx. 6MB Adobe PDF): torch-feb-mar-10
Please remember, in the Primary, you must declare your Party affiliation and vote only for that Party’s candidates. Early voting begins February 16.
Please click on the images below to view responses.
A - Agree
D - Disagree
U - Undecided
A*- Pro-life with exceptions of rape or incest
+- Added comments
NR - No Response
(D) - Democrat
(R) - Republican
CR - Incumbent’s Conservative Rating on TEF’s 2009 Legislative Scorecard.
1. The right to life is a Constitutional right, therefore innocent human beings should have legal protection from conception until natural death. If you hold exceptions, please state them.
2. Gambling machines and casinos should remain illegal, even at racetracks and Indian reservations.
3. Children should not be placed in homes of foster parents who are homosexual, bisexual or transgendered.
4. The State Board of Education should remain an ELECTED body and have the authority to appoint the Commissioner of Education and textbook review committees.
5. I will oppose ANY additional regulation of private schools — even in exchange for taxpayer-funded school vouchers.
6. Parental consent should be required for sex education that teaches more than directive abstinence.
7. The Second Amendment to the Constitution should not be weakened.
8. Only registered U.S. citizens should be allowed to vote and a photo ID should be required in order to vote. (The Mexican government requires a photo ID and a fingerprint to vote in Mexico.)
9. I would support a resolution to ban foreign language voting ballots, because the law requires immigrants to speak English in order to become naturalized citizens.
10. Texas’ current judicial districts and its judicial election process should be retained.
11. I oppose a state income tax — even to pay for education.
12. Taxpayer-owned infrastructure should never be sold to foreign investors.
13. I oppose Obama Health Care Reform and would like to see more affordable health care though a competitive, open and transparent health care system.
14. I oppose the theory of climate change/global warming that believes human activity is the cause of the earth’s weather fluctuations, rather than natural cycles.
15. I oppose the EPA naming and regulating CO2 as a pollutant because it will cause energy prices to rise and is an end run around Cap & Trade.